In 1984, after the loss of his father, mother and brother to cancer, respected New Zealander and entrepreneur Graeme Clegg founded New Image. He pioneered dairy-based health products and New Image grew to leverage the power of bovine colostrum and other natural ingredients. Graeme's mission remains - to bring health and wellbeing to people around the world.
Over the past 27 years New Image has changed greatly. The purchase of a number of processing facilities in the Auckland region of New Zealand has enabled us to expand our product range from ten to more than 100. A series of business partnerships and acquisitions has seen New Image progress to the forefront of innovation and technology in the nutritional products sector.
New Image Today
New Image is a New Zealand company at heart, sourcing only the best milk from across the country and maintaining its head office, dairy processing facility, manufacturing premises, packaging plant and laboratory in the Auckland region. New Image is proud to call New Zealand home.
We also operate satellite offices in Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, The Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan and Thailand. A range of customised products is exported to customers in China, Korea, South America and the Middle East.
Our partnerships and affiliations are of great importance to us.
- NZFSA - The New Zealand Food Safety Authority is the government body responsible for food safety. It governs the processing of animal, plant and agricultural products and official assurances related to their export. New Image complies with NZFSA requirements. The company is a registered Dairy Exporter and operates under a certified RMP (Registered Manufacturing Programme)
- MPI - Ministry for Primary Industries develops, administers and certifies standards and systems; facilitates market access; manages agriculture, forestry and horticultural biosecurity; and provides policy advice. New Image works closely with MAF to maintain the highest levels of safety and regulatory compliance.
- MSI - The Ministry of Science and Innovation’s primary aim is to support companies to excel as scientific innovators. The MSI has assisted New Image in a range of cutting-edge projects.
- NZTE - New Zealand Trade and Enterprise is the New Zealand Government’s national economic development agency. New Image works with local and international representatives to foster overseas trade and investment opportunities. We proudly display the NZTE logo and the NZ Way fern on our brands.
- AgResearch - AgResearch was set up by the New Zealand government to enhance the value, productivity and profitability of New Zealand’s pastoral, agri-food and agri-technology sector. New Image enjoys a working relationship with AgResearch on selected research and development projects.
- Plant and Food Research - This crown research institute specialises in developments that add value to fruit, vegetable, crop and food products. New Image enjoys a working relationship with Plant and Food Research on selected research and development projects.
- The University of Auckland - This is one of New Zealand’s leading universities. New Image supports the University’s Master of Bioscience Enterprise program, employing student interns each year, and has worked on a number of research projects.
- Buy NZ Made - The Buy New Zealand Campaign began in 1988 to encourage consumers and organisations to buy New Zealand goods and services wherever possible. New Image proudly uses the Buy NZ Made logo.
- NPNZ - Natural Products New Zealand was set up to promote natural products in New Zealand, recognising excellence and innovation. New Image is a proud member of NPNZ.
At New Image we are proud of our recent successes.
- We received the 2009 Deloitte New Zealand Fast 50 award, as one of the fastest growing fifty companies in New Zealand
- We received the 2009 Deloitte award for the fastest growing retail or consumer products business in Auckland and the Upper North Island
- We received the Natural Products New Zealand (NPNZ) 2009 Exporter of the Year Award Associate company Somnaceutics received NPNZ 2009 Cawthron Innovation in Science & Technology Award
- We were a finalist for the Air New Zealand Cargo 2010 Auckland Export Award